Monday, March 2, 2009

The Land of Vortexes and Psychics

I just returned from a weekend in spectacular Sedona. The soaring red rock formations that surround the town feel somewhat "otherworldly," and it's a unique place in many aspects. If you're a spiritual guru, then there are many ways to connect with your inner self. There are psychics and spiritual advisors on every corner and several of them will also conduct vortex hikes. What is a vortex, you may ask? It is an enhanced energy location where other dimensions are more accessible. Who doesn't know that?! I have been to a couple of these and I have not viewed a past life or flown to another planet and back. However, I wasn't in the frame of mind to travel to other dimensions!.Besides, I was told by a local psychic that I needed to have a spiritual guide with me in order to truly encounter the "other side." I need a weekend by myself or with other like-minded people to tap into the sacred adventures Sedona can provide.

Anyone who knows my husband, understands he is not one of those "like minded" people who would participate in any of those wacky, waste-of-money encounters. I, on the other hand, was chomping at the bit to get into one of the spiritual centers to have a reading. I mentioned that I wanted to see a clairvoyant/medium to help me locate my missing wedding rings ( a sore subject, but, worth mentioning in another story). He scoffed at the idea. Again, these are things I should be dealing with on my own. I wanted to, at least, go to one of the fun stores chock-full of crystals, stone buddhas, incense, etc., to find something I resonated with. I know, screwy talk, right? When we pulled up, he asked my son to stay in the car with him. He had a hard time stepping foot in any place that had to do with crazy phenomenon. My kids wanted to go with me, of course, because they knew I would let them pick out something. So, he hesitantly entered (with "Twilight Zone" music playing in the background) and in the 15 minutes we were there, he managed to escape without being converted to the other side.

Our time was spent biking and hiking on some of the hundreds of trails that surround the town, taking incredible scenic drives and relaxing at our resort. It was perfect. My personal, soul-searching, out-of-body weekend will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment